Working From Home

 
 
Welcome to Curtains and cushions, I hope you find this Blog interesting and useful. I am a curtain maker who has worked in the soft furnishing trade for many years now.
 
WORKING FROM HOME
 
I work from my own home and I have been working from home for several years now. I have my own sewing workroom where I make curtains, cushions and other soft furnishings.
 
CUSTOMERS OWN FABRIC
 
As I only have a certain amount of room in my workroom , I do not have any space to keep a lot of stock. I do keep a certain amount of curtain making sundries, such as threads, tapes, buckrams etc, but I do not have room for fabrics, linings or interlinings. There is no room for anything bulky which means that the customers have to bring their own fabric and lining for me to make up.
 
In a way, this is good because then the customer has the choice of where they can buy their fabric , thus giving them the chance to take advantage of sales and bargains. They bring the fabric of their choice with their measurements to me so that I can make it to their requirements.
 
CUSTOMERS OWN MEASUREMENTS
 
I always ask the customer to measure the width of the pole or track where they are going to hang their curtains, and the finished length that they would like the curtains to be made to. This gives the customer the choice of  how long they want their curtains to be . All windows and rooms are different and some windows suit long curtains and other rooms suit a shorter pair of curtains.

________________

Make Money from Sewing at Home
The best way to earn money from sewing at home is to research the subject first. There are several ways it can be done and you just have to find the right business plan for you






___
Buy bedding for kids including Cartoon Strip duvet and pillow cases

Click HERE to visit the website that sells lovely duvet covers , pillow cases and much much more for you children`s rooms
_____________

Buy yourself ( or somebody else) some lovey Homewares including
Bed Linen
Table Linen
Accessories etc
Click HERE  to visit the online store that sells all this and more
_____________

You can buy books on;
Curtains
Curtain making
Working from home
and lots more useful subjects
HERE